Monday, January 4, 2010

Michael's Favorite Divine Chicken

Well hello again! I decided to throw in a recipe that I was given by my grandmother that is easy and wonderful. I believe my grandmother called it "Chicken Divine" but I decided to change the name for my husband because this is his favorite meal. It is easy to make and if you follow the recipe below it is a little bland for my taste. I always have to add salt and pepper to my serving as my husband prefers it on the bland side. Play with it and see what you think. By the way..I happened upon this recipe book from Minute Rice. If you purchase through the link, I do get paid. It doesn't cost anymore, I just get a piece of the pie. Enjoy!



Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, cubed
2-3 cups white rice (I use the Minute Rice, but you can use whatever you like)
3 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp. sour cream
3 cups mild or medium cheddar, grated


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook rice per instructions on box or bag. Cook chicken in a non-stick pan, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Steam broccoli in a separate pan. When chicken is cooked, and cream of chicken soup and sour cream and mix completely. Turn burner to medium low heat and add steamed broccoli. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer until rice is cooked. Coat a casserole pan (11x13) with a non-stick spray. Coat the bottom of the casserole pan with the cooked rice and even the top out. Pour soup, chicken, broccoli mix over the rice and even out as much as possible. Coat the top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Please give it a try and tell me what you think. I am on a mission to bring you some great tips as well, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please keep them relevant to this blog.

FeedBurner FeedCount