Sunday, March 18, 2012

Delicious Strawberry Cupcakes And Strawberry Frosting Recipe

Strawberries were on sale, so it was time to figure out what to do with them. Because of my health, I am unable to do very much. However, baking seems to make me happy, well at least the menopausal side of me, hehehe. I can do a little..take a break..do a little more...take another break (okay, you don't want to know ALL the details)...and voila...strawberry cupcakes!

I always search the Internet to try and find the best recipe. You can pretty much pick out the good from the bad if you know anything about cooking or baking at all. Just mosey through the ingredients and see what's what! Sometimes you are just looking for easy. That's alright as well, but make sure you check out at least a few recipes for the same item. Trust me, you want to do this.

So as I was looking around at some strawberry recipes, I remembered having strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting when I was young. My Grandma raised me....miss you, Grandma! =)  Everything she made was wonderful. I wish she had written a cookbook, the world would be a better place. But, I remembered her making a cake for one of my birthdays. It was strawberry lusciousness! I wanted to try and recreate that cake in the form of cupcakes. And that I did! I found the recipe on food.com. It was posted by Marsha D., but she actually got it from The Martha Stewart Show.....uh-huh..after you taste them, it all makes perfect sense!

Ingredients:

Directions:

  1. 1
    Preheat oven to 350'.
  2. 2
    Using cupcake liners, place 12 liners in a muffin pan and set to the side.
  3. 3
    In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set a side.
  4. 4
    In a food processor or blender add strawberries and process until pureed.
  5. 5
    Empty pureed strawberries into a 1/3c measuring cup and set aside. Add rest of strawberry puree to a small bowl and set aside to use in the frosting.
  6. 6
    Using a electric mixer with bowl, cream butter on medium high speed until lightly fluffy.
  7. 7
    Gradually add sugar and continue to mix until well blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add one egg and egg whites and mix until lightly blended.
  8. 8
    Add vanilla extract if using.
  9. 9
    Mix together milk and 1/3c strawberry puree.
  10. 10
    Alternate flour and milk mixture to mixer slowly ending with flour. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue to blend well.
  11. 11
    Using a ice cream scoop or tablespoon, add batter to prepared muffin cups.
  12. 12
    Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  13. 13
    Cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
  14. 14
    To make the Strawberry Frosting:.
  15. 15
    Using a electric mixer with bowl, add 1 cup butter (soften) and salt and blend on medium high until fluffy.
  16. 16
    Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar and blend well.
  17. 17
    Add vanilla extract and 3TBS of the strawberry puree, blend well.
  18. 18
    Using a knife frost the cupcakes and top with strawberry slices and/or decorative candies. (I personally like the strawberry slices the best)

    This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, however if you would like to change the recipe to suit your needs for more or less...OR you would really like to see the nutritional information (though I do not recommend this!) just follow this link: Delicious Strawberry Cupcakes And Strawberry Frosting Recipe - Food.com - 307154
    And speaking of strawberries...when you don't have the real thing, sometimes it's nice just to have a little peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I said jelly, but you have to try the
    preserves. Get it on Amazon, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please keep them relevant to this blog.

FeedBurner FeedCount