- Need to exfoliate? Mix your favorite mild facial wash or cleanser with a little baking soda.
- Got bags under the eyes? Brew a cup of chamomile tea, add ice (to cool down the tea bag), squeeze excess tea out of bag, and place on your closed eyes. (I love this one!)
- Nails looking dingy? Just cut up a lemon and get to work! Rub the lemon on your nails to brighten them up.
- Need to nourish your hair? Mix 2 eggs, 1 cup of mayo, 1 soft avocado, and 2 tbsp. olive oil. You may need to double the recipe for thick or long hair. I know this sounds disgusting, but it works! Just massage it into your hair and leave it on for 5-20 minutes..basically as long as you can stand it. Rinse out and wash hair as normal. It will leave your hair silky soft!
- Who doesn't want a soothing bath? Just add 1 cup milk, 1 cup honey, and 1 cup Epsom Salt.
- Do you suffer from dry hands? Coat your hands with a moisturizing lotion, put your dish gloves on, and start doing your dishes. You have to do the dishes anyway, so moisturize at the same time. The hot water will actually assist in the process.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Recipes for your body
I don't know if you have seen the television show "The Doctors", but I find it incredibly informative. They have useful medical advice, but they also occasionally come up with a few fun surprises! I wanted to pass these great recipes for your body, along to you.